Want to do more to stand up for women & against abortion shaming? Take the Pledge Now!
On November 18 2012, men, women, politicians and activists danced in Hyde Park against abortion stigma, silence and the shaming of women. Photos here.
As well as the fantastic dancers, we would like to say a special thanks to:
- Lee Rhiannon, Federal Greens Senator for NSW
- Alex Greenwich, Independent Member for Sydney
- Helen Westwood, Labor Member of the NSW Legislative Council
- Penny Sharpe MLC, Labor Member of the NSW Legislative Council
- Marie Stopes International Australia, for t-shirt donations
- Eve Mahlab, for website donation
- Jane Caro, for messaging support
- Our organising volunteers
If you want to organise a “Let’s End the Stigma” Flashmob in your community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To add your voice to the men and women saying "no" to abortion shaming, Take the Pledge now!
Listen to Leslie Cannold speak at Tedx Canberra on why the silence and shame around abortion is doing us damage.