On September 30 2012, men and women, politicians, service providers, activists and community leaders danced near Federation Square in Melbourne's CBD against abortion stigma and the shaming of women. Photos here.
In additional to all our wonderful participants, we would like to say a special thanks to:
- Marie Stopes International Australia, for t-shirt donations
- Eve Mahlab, for website donation
- Jane Caro, for messaging support
- Jude Perera, MP
- Colleen Hartland MLC, MP
- Beth Wilson, Victorian Health Services Commissioner
- Our organising volunteers
If you want to organise a “Let’s End the Stigma” Flashmob in your community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to Leslie Cannold speak at Tedx Canberra on why the silence and shame around abortion is doing us damage.